Saturday, February 18, 2012

Old Is Gold {1}: The Giver by Lois Lowry

I have yet another new feature to introduce to you guys! It's called Old is Gold. In this feature, I'm going to share with you an old book, Young Adult or Middle Grade that I think everyone should read, no matter how old you are! Inspired by Tynga's Daring You To Read Feature.  So I give you the first ever Old is Gold post:

Jonas's world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.
Title: The Giver 
Author: Lois Lowry 
Release Date/Publisher: January 24, 2006 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Why You Should Read It: It has to be one of the best books I've ever read. It was my first introduction to dystopian and for my little seven year old self, I wasn't always sure what I was reading about. It has a lot to do with society and how we function and it's all really fascination. I understand that many people did not and will not enjoy this book but I wish that people give this book a chance though. Read it with an open mind and I think it will surprise you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS