Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review: Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferrerio-Esteban

Title: Two Moon Princess
Author: Carmen Ferrerio-Esteban 
Release Date: June 16, 2010 
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Source: NetGalley and Publisher 
A Spanish Princess.

An American Boy.

A King set on revenge.

An unrequited love

and a disturbing family secret bring a World to the brink of War.

In this coming-of-age story set in a medieval kingdom, Andrea is a headstrong princess longing to be a knight who finds her way to modern-day California. But her accidental return to her family's kingdom and a disastrous romance brings war, along with her discovery of some dark family secrets. Readers will love this mix of traditional fantasy elements with unique twists and will identify with Andrea and her difficult choices between duty and desire.
Review: The summary doesn’t give much away much about Two-Moon Princess but it did sound good and I began reading it. I didn’t really know what to expert from this book and I had hoped to like it better than I did, especially with all the different elements of time travel, fantasy, and other things that were present in this book.

The plot was well throughout and what it lacked with characters made up with the amazing world that Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban created in this novel. The diction that the author used to bring out Andrea’s medieval kingdom was stunning and beautiful and I could really imagine the world in my mind. It was an interesting twist, I have to admit, and I wasn’t sure if I should classify it as a fantasy novel or something else. The history is rich and depictive and a lot is actually explained about Andrea and her people.

As said, the characters were not my favorite part of the book and in any book I read, characters are very important. While I began out liking Andrea, as the story progressed, things changed. I think it has to do with the constant mood and attitude change. She’s really fierce person who wants to be a squire at the beginning of the book but then things change when she is transported to California and then again when she returns home. The supporting characters weren’t as helpful nor were they really developed which also didn’t work out.

Overall, Two Moon Princess was a good read, not great but not terrible either. I did enjoy the plot and it was what kept me reading on but it lacked in character depth and development.


Overall: 3/5
Cover Comments: 5/5—It’s actually not that bad and it does go with the book…but I wouldn’t have really picked it up if I hadn’t read the synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS