Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Movie Review: Hugo

Directer: Martin Scorsese
Written by: John Logan
Cast:
Asa Butterfield as Hugo Cabret
Ben Kingsley as Georges Méliès, the toy shop owner and former filmmaker
Chloë Grace Moretz as Isabelle, Georges' goddaughter
Sacha Baron Cohen as Inspector Gustave

I have been waiting forever to see this movie! I wasn't able to catch it in theaters but when I got the DVD for it, I was super excited to finally see the movie! While I have not read the book itself, I was familiar with what the book was about but I loved the plot. It was one of those movies where people a connected through various items or events that bring them together. It was executed flawlessly and I loved every bit of it!

The sets, the costumes, and the Cinematography were absolute perfection. The colors were so lush and the entire movie had such a nice feel to it, I really could not stop watching! Hands down, Martin S. is an amazing director and he proved it with this movie! Though there is a lot going on, everything is explained in its own time, in its oen way. The inclusion of Georges M. Was a surprising twist and I really loved Isabelle and all of her literary character mentions!

The acting fit the plot too and it was awesome. All the characters fit their roles and it really looked like they knew what they were doing. LIST IF SOME CAST AND HOW THEY DID.

Overall, I think everyone should watch this movie. It's funny, sad, a little weird, a whole bunch of magical and so much fun! You'll feel like you were part of the Paris landscape, living the movie through the characters eyes!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS