is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Tips For New Book Bloggers:
1) Don't try to copy someone else's writing style. Find your own voice because that's what is going to set you apart from the other bloggers.
2) Join social media! Twitter and Goodreads and Facebook will be your best friends but be careful of online drama.
3) Since you're trying to market yourself and your blog, have the same images on your social media and website.
4) Don't get caught up in the number game! This means Google Friend Connect and followers. It's not as important as building up your blog with YOUR fresh voice and GOOD content.
5) Review archives are AMAZING. MAKE ONE NOW! It's so much easier to link all reviews on a single page and when people visit your blog, they can see all the reviews you've posted!
6) Review policies are important since it makes it easier for publishers/ authors to see what kind of books you review. I have a detailed policy including format for books I review as well as what genres I review. I've also included which types of books I don't review.
7) Content of posts over number of posts! You don't have to post EVERY SINGLE DAY. Post 3 to 4 times a week with GOOD CONTENT POSTS.
8) Don't get bogged down with memes. Try and review books and have discussions posts and maybe participate in a few memes regularly. No one wants to read a blog full of just memes, ya know?
9) ARCs are a plus in being a book blogger but don't think that you're going to get every ARC out there. Wait some time before you request an ARC too! Focus on building up with blog and credibility.
10) HAVE FUN with blogging. Sometimes it kinda feels like a job which sucks but try to have fun and enjoy blogging. Blogging isn't a job so don't make it one!