Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday {31}

 is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Bookish Quotes:
I ALMOST made this entire list of Harry Potter quotes. I use Goodreads to keep track of my favorite quotes so decided to be nice and include other books too.

1) "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. Albus effing Dumbledore y'all. How could I NOT include something he said?!

2) "It's easy to talk about things we hate, but sometimes it's hard to explain exactly why we like something.” Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Love, love, love!

3) "You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real.” Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. *sigh* Peeta!

4) I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. My favorite book!! Sirius Black is awesome and guys, seriously, do 't you just love this quote?

5) "If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling. Such a good quote. And it's so true. And Sirius said it so it HAD to be on this list!

6) “I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I'm currently re-reading this book so I already knew my favorite quotes! And y'all...Mr. Darcy, need I say more?

7) “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. There is no way (unless it was all HP quotes) that I could have a favorite quotes list WITHOUT John Green.

8) Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  Such

9) "It is very often nothing but our own vanity that deceives us." Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Yet another one I marked in my (iBooks lets you highlight) copy that I love!

10) "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light." Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. I'm sure there's anything I can say about Dumbledore.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is an awesome list of quotes. I cannot agree more about the temptation to just write a ton of HP quotes. Mine would be an endless list, I could never pick just ten.

    Although, number five isn't a Dumbledore quote, it's a Sirius quote. He's referring to how Crouch treats his house elf, which is ironic because Sirius is horrible to Kreacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a fail on my part! I'll be changing that!

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS