Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Armchair BEA: Best of 2012 (so far)

Desing by Nina @ Nina Reads
Share some of your favorite books so far this year, and/or the the books being promoted at BEA that you hope will end up among your favorites for the year! Check it out here
I actually haven't read that many books this year but here are some of my favorites:
Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
Such a cute novel! I really connected with Kelsey and I think she was just one of these girls that most people can connect to! She was funny and awkward and very realistic. She's got one of the most natural voices I've read in a while and I've found that it's kind of hard to achieve.
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Cathrynne Valante
 I can't believe I waited this long to read this book! It was sooo good! If you haven't read it before, YOU HAVE GOT TO READ IT! The writing, the world, and everything else about this book is very original and wonderful. When you read it, it's like you're reading an old fairytale from your childhood.  
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker
Such a cute book! For the first time, I was able to feel something besides hatred for the cheater. It had such a great cast of characters and the setting was wonderful. I hope all of you will read it!

Here are some that I am waiting for:

What about you? What books are you looking forward to reading? What books have you read that you've loved? Don't forget to leave me a link; I'll be sure to visit! 

15 comments:

  1. I love how exciting the fantasy books you're waiting for are! I can't wait to read them :) Unbreak My Heart looks quite interesting: and hatred from someone besides the cheater? Hmmm, fascinating :D

    Hope you have a fun BEA!
    -Kirthi
    http://the1bookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-giveaway.html 

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIRTHI! Unbreak My Heart was so good! I love me some Fantasy and contemporary! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. :0 I love Melissa Walker's Violet by Design series! I hope your enjoying ARmchair BEA! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, we do have a few overlapping! I'm currently reading Unbreak My Heart and Level 2 looks so good. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Freshman Year and other Unnatural Disasters too!! Such a cute book and the main character is so realistic! I can't wait to read Unbreak my Heart!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for Cleo Coyle's new coffeehouse mystery to be published in August. This series is my favorite cozy mystery series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freshman Year!  I'm so excited that's on your list too!  And The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland is one we just picked up and I'll be reading it aloud to the kids hopefully soon.  So I'm glad it's on your favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely have to check some of those out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really good! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you like Unbreak my Heart; I loved Kelsey so much! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on Level 2!!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was the first book I'd read by Melissa Walker and I'm glad it was the first! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, gosh, it was SO GOOD! I couldn't believe I'd wait SO LONG TO READ IT~ 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I hope you like them because I sure did!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS