Thursday, June 14, 2012

Should I or Shouldn't I: L. M. Montgomery Edition

This is a new feature that I'll post periodically where I feature books that others have read and loved that I haven't read! You, my dear reads will be in charge of telling me if I should or should not read these books!
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery is HUGLY popular. People say Anne is a great charter and there's sweet romance and the writing is good. But I've never actually read these books.

Why?

Well, I'm scared.

Plain and simple, I'm scared that I won't love these books. I'm scared that I'll be disappointed. I'll tell you: Anne of Green Gables sounds like my type of books! They're the type of books I love reading but I don't want to be disappointed.

Anna of Anna Reads posted about a new TV show based on these books and she's clearly in love. Which made me wonder if I should read the books before the show starts?

I'm not too certain so this is where you all come in! Should I or Shouldn't I read Anne of Green Gables series by L.M . Montgomery?

2 comments:

  1. I would say absolutely, with a few caveats. I tend to prefer the earlier books (Anne of the Island is my favorite), which are more lighthearted. Once Anne marries and has children, the last few books get a little too poignant for my taste.  I actually prefer Montgomery's Emily of New Moon series (great for book hounds and would-be writers!)...not only is it a much shorter time commitment, it's much more sardonic and quirky. The last book in the Emily series has a weird tone compared to the other two most of the time (lots of thwarted melancholy romance and annoying misunderstandings), but the second book in particular is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading it and my goodness, I KNOW why people love it so darn much! Thanks for your comment! 

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS