Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF(2): Most Valuable Book

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! and every Friday, she posts a question that we answer and link up with others!
This week's question: 
Most Valuable Book: From your personal collection of books, which ones hold the most value to you - is it signed by the author? or maybe it's your favorite story of all time? Share it with us.
Without a doubt, my HP collection. Yes, I'm cheating a little but seriously, without all of these books, I don't where I'd be. I love the HP series no matter what people say about them. Do they have flaws? Yeah, they do, but what book doesn't? The thing with these books is that they were my childhood.

At the young age of 6, I discovered the story of a big wizard and his best friends and their adventures in the magical world. Though about magic, the books didn't refrain from having serious issues: deaths, distraction, etc. It was also a coming of age story with various characters that I came to love and respect.

I grew up reading and watching Harry, Ron, and Hermione grow older and change, for better or for worse. I saw some of my favorite characters die and I cried for them. For the first time, I felt utter respect for an author who did something not many did: J.K. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill of major characters. No one was safe from dying.

What about you? Leave links and I'll be sure to visit!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kailia!
    I completely agree with you! I own the Bloomsbury Editions of the books, but I really want to have the US covers as well (personally, they're better than the UK ones). By the way, was it you that won the Kindle for the armchair BEA contest? Because if it was, congratulations! I hope you enjoy it :)
    -Kirthi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kirthi! I do like the covers for the US version! Yeah, I did win the Kindle! Thanks! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also picked the Harry Potter series! I loved it so much! 
    Here's mine --> http://takemeaway02.blogspot.com/2012/06/tgif-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. HP for the win! 

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS