Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF(3): Authors Are Our Celebrities

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! and every Friday, she posts a question that we answer and link up with others!
This week's question: 
Authors Are Our Celebrities: Have you ever contacted an author you admired? How did that experience go? If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?
Source
J.K. Rowling is a given really so I'm going to go with: Laurie Halse Anderson.

I've never actually contacted her before but I remember when the Speak Loudly and #YASaves (my post here) was going on all over the web, I wrote this post about why YA saves and she tweeted me and OMG, I had such a fan girl moment. I actually sat dumbfounded that LAURIE FREAKIN HALSE ANDERSON TWEETED ME. Yeah. It was awesome.

Why: Her books are terrifyingly realistic. I'm sure all of you *unless you live under a rock* have heard of Speak or Wintergirls or Twisted so you know what I'm talking about! Her books are a must read, in my opinion, and though they can be graphic, they are really, really well written.

2 comments:

  1. J.K. Rowling, yes, I would absolutely LOVE that. I think it would be the most amazing experience of my life if I could meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that Laurie Halse Anderson tweeted you!  I also really like her books.  :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS