Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday {32}

 is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Beach Reads:
When I think of each reads, I tend to think contemporary. I dunno why. But making this list was actually harder than it should be. I needed to pick on 10 BOOKS! But after some consideration, here are 10 books I'd read at the beach in no particular order: 
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I just had to mention this one! Though it doesn't take place in the summer, it's super cute and funny and charming and who does't want to read about Eitenne?
 
Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker: A recent favorite! I loved this book so much! It takes places over the summer AND IT'S ON A BOAT! Plus, there's a cute artist boy and there's drama and growth.
 
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (+the other 2 books): They take place in the summer! They're fun to read but they also have more going on that meets the eye. Plus, it's very much a coming of age...trilogy.
 

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matsen: There is ALWAYS a need to have a road trip book when it comes to beach reads! They're so much fun to read and there's always that summer romance. While this book does deal with grief and moving on, you'll have a smile on your face as you read this story, see the pictures and even the playlists! 
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg: The Beatles! And a cute story. A girl who vows off boys and creates a club about it? Why not! It's a funny story about getting over break ups and hearty breaks and realizing that maybe all hope it's lost!

Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn’t Have) by Sarah Mlynowski: Such a cute story! While there is an undertone of seriousness, it'll make you smile and laugh and it's just a great time!
 

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: Any Sarah Dessen would be good but I love this one! Not only does it take place on a beach town, it's a great story about self discovery and well, going through the rights of passage that any kid should go through. Plus, there's no beach reads without ONE Sarah Dessen book, ya know?
 

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan: I'll admit it! I completely forgot about this book until I cleaned up my shelf and found my copy of this book! It's such a heartwarming and cute story that really made me smile when I read it.
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot: You know, if someone was to come and tell me I was a princess, I'd be beyond happy. And this book is so good! Mia is funny and awkward and sweet and nerdy and I just love her.

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita: Sometimes, you just need some good ol drama for the beach! How about an actress in Hollywood who tells you what it's really like to be an actress. Kaitlin is funny and quirky and actually more normal that most would expect. Her way of navigating through life in the most humble way  possible is....hilarious!

And there you have it! My list of books I'd read at the beach. If you haven't read any of these books WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! GO and read them NOW! Also, I'm sure I said "funny" or "hilarious" at least once for every book on this list so I do like me so funny books. Obviously.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, lots of these books are on my list too!! :) :) Love Anna!! And Roger and Ama <3 <3 I still need to read Unbreak my heart!! I've heard it's good ;) ;) And The Summer serie too :P LOVED Ten things we did!! :D :D Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at least 1 stephanie Perkins book is on everyones list this week. Along with Amy and Roger's. I know both of those are on mine. Oh! And how did I forget 10 things we did? That book is fantastic and the perfect summer read! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and there are quite a few showing up repeatedly on lists. Thanks. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbreak my heart, gotta read that one. I really liked The Summer I turned Pretty but have to read the rest. ^.^
    My TTT; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-beach-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should read both; they're great! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized that too but it's all good! It just means that they're really good, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's just such a great author! Her books make you feel all good inside, ya know? I'm glad you liked the books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I've noticed a lot of these have popped up a lot of other places but I'm not surprised! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Princess Diaries are great beach reads.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS