Sunday, July 22, 2012

Book Haul (66): Pride, Verity, and Thorns

Bought:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ( I LOVE THESE PAPERBACK VERSIONS! I have Emma and Sense and Sensibility in the same vintagey-modern looks!)
Library: 
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (YES! I decided to see what all the hype was about!) 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Currently Reading: and it's pretty damn good! Plus, Verity means truth in French. I realized this as I continued reading!) 
A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont (Read: it was pretty good and I loved the inclusion on Jane Eyre!) 
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (I was so excited when I saw my library had this!)
EDIT! I forgot to add the awesomeness that I won some time ago and received this week!
Won:
I won it at Armchair BEA which was totally exciting! I decided to enter the contest on a whim and I was surprised when I won! Now my sister will have an e-read too! Er...no I haven't turned it one yet. I'm weird like that! 
Week In Review: 
Review: Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDanile 
"Waiting On" Wednesday: Etiquette and Espionage and The Debutantes
Random: 2012 aka Year of Awesome Movies 
TGIF: Throwback! 

What books did you get this week?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the Kindle! Enjoy all your books! Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was an exciting win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy @TheReaderBeeJuly 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

    Awesome books! The Girl of Fire and Thorns is amazing! I love that version of P&P!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a get a copy when I saw P&P; it's so pretty! Hopefully I can get to Girl of Fire and Thorns since I've heard nothing but good things about it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS