Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday {35}:

 is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Most Vivid Book Worlds/Settings:
1) The World of Harry Potter: I mean REALLY?! Hogwarts, Hogsmead, Diagon Alley and every other place in this world is AMAZING! Reading these books, I felt like I was there with Harry, Ron and Hermione. No one can deny that J.K. Rowling is the Queen of world building. After reading this series, you will never forget this world. 

2) Middle Earth: Another one that I just couldn't NOT put on the list! I mean, really? If you haven't read the books, isn't the scenery in the movies amazing and breathtaking and unforgettable?  

3) Narnia: I think we all wanted to go through a closet and go to such a beautiful world, right?
4) Panem: So much variety! From District 12 to the Capitol, this world seemed to be its own character!

4) The Seven Kingdoms: I haven't read the books for A Game of Thrones but holy smokes, the world in the show! I LOVE IT! 

6) Space in Across the Universe: Who said space has to be boring with just stars and planets? And the space station was pretty awesome too, wasn't it?
7) The Seven Kingdoms from Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue: I LOVE THIS WORLD (and Po and Brigan....)There is so much going on in this world (and the Dells of course!) 

8) Paris in Anna and the French Kiss: I mean, COME ON guys! I needed some non-fantasy worlds in this list so this was my choice! 

9)The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making: When I think of superb world building, this book has to be on the list. If you've read the book, you know EXACTLY why Fairyland made it on my list! It's vivid and magical and so beautiful!  
10) Daughter of Smoke and Bone: I think the book started off really slowly and boring. I'm not currently reading it anymore but I will return to it. The world the Laini Taylor created in the real Prague is so....just, beautiful. It's mysterious and a little scary but beautiful none the less! 


Honorable mention: Goredd in Rachel Hartman's Seraphina: Not only is this one going to be one of my favorites of the year I LOVE THE WORLD that Rachel Hartman created! I mean, really y'all it's AMAZING! Very vivid and beautiful and there is so much too it! It's just bloody brilliant! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh absolutely YES to Seraphina. I am surprised I have not seen that one on a whole lot of lists. I also totally agree with Fairyland and was so close to putting it on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half of these I've read and completely agree with and the other half are very high up on my TBR list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren @ Story BoundJuly 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

    Kailia, I LOVE your list! SO many good books! I've either read or want to read every single book on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so put Daughter of Smoke & Bone on my list too. You definitely have to return to it! It was slow, but I promise it gets better. :) I'm glad to see Anna represented on a list. Who wouldn't want to go to Paris after reading that book?! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! I appreciate your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so put Daughter of Smoke & Bone on my list too. You definitely have to return to it! It was slow, but I promise it gets better. :) I'm glad to see Anna represented on a list. Who wouldn't want to go to Paris after reading that book?! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! I appreciate your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it might be because it's not out yet? I don't, I hope it gets more promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I will for sure! I'm in a reading funk as if right now so everything is muddle together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! They're all pretty awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS