You're probably wondering "But you're going to college next year!" (and for those who weren't,I will be going) so how is this your last first day? Well, college is college. It's a whole different ball game. It's...college, ya know? High school is...well, high school and I have officially begun my senior year.
This year, much more than last, will be a tough year. Not only will I have to handle school work, I will also be getting a job (hopefully...) and college applications also begin this fall (YAY! *NOT*). Even more so, I have to re-take the SAT and the ACT (OH JOY!) in hopes of getting a better score than the last time I took both.
As you can tell, I will have to figure out how to spend all of my time. While I will not stop blogging, I will not be around as much. I'm going to take a few hours every weekend to write, format, and schedule posts for the next week. I will continue to read and make it my goal to read for 1 hour every night. I'm not sure how fast I will read but I will read at least 1 diverse book every week and maybe 2 or three more (books for school are going to count, I've decided.)
So here are a few things that will happen around the blog this school year:
- I'm going to start re-capping Elementary, Arrow, and Beauty and The Beast on the blog come September and October! Yeah, yeah, I know! MORE COMMITMENT! Yes, it's going to be hard but I've found that doing fun posts like re-caps make it so that I don't get burned out. Sometimes I need to just post about fun stuff!
- BookTuber Thursday will be back!
- Traveling in YA, The Diversifiy YA Challenge, and Old is Gold will become more regular on the blog. I just have to figure out the best timing for each!
- At least 2-3 book reviews weekly!
- I will make it my goal to comment on 10 BLOGS EVERYDAY! I'm so bad at this and I really want to show my blogger love! Plus, this way, my Google Reader will always be empty!
- More author interviews! I love asking them questions and reading their answers!