Friday, August 31, 2012

TGIF (8): Choose Your Next Read

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! and every Friday, she posts a question that we answer and link up with others!
This week's question: 
Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?
Well, I have one way: by genres. If I have just finished a contemporary novel, I will read a paranormal or historical fiction or fantasy novel next. After that, something different. My current TBR is: contemporary, paranormal, contemporary, hororish, sci-fi, contemporary, MG, fantasy.

Sometimes, when I'm in a reading funk, I will add in the genre that was my last favorite book. For example, after reading Jellicoe Road, I couldn't get into a paranormal or fantasy novel. So I read another contemporary since my last favorite was a contemporary novel.
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS