Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BBAW 2012 Day 2: I Interview Myself!

For those of you who don't know, Book Blogger Appreciation Week is this week! For further proof that this year's event surprised me, I didn't fill out the form for an interview swap! So, I interviewed myself!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Anything I can eat with a spoon or fork! I hate eating chips and using my salty hands to turn a page! And something to drink, wether it be water or coffee.  

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I don't write in my book. I tried to do it this summer for my AP English class summer work...it didn't work out! 

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Bookmarks of any sort! I like seeing how much more of the book I have to read!

Laying the book flat open?
NEVER!

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Fiction as a choice. Non-fic when I have to (for school mostly!) 

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hardcopies or Kindle/Nook! I ALWAYS get distracted when it comes to audiobooks! It actually becomes sort of like background music. 

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
End of chapters, all the time! If I have a little time, I take my bookmark and put it where the chapter ends so I know how much more I have to read.  

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I tend to make a note of it on a index card I have somewhere near me. If I'm on my iPad or Kindle, I can just look it up then! 

What are you currently reading?
I am actually really enjoying this novel! 

What is the last book you bought?
Um....I think it was:

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
Usually I only read one! But this year for my AP English class, we have to read books throughout the year so I am reading 2 (Reunited and The Things They Carried). 

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Ha. Anytime I want really. It's my favorite way to procrastinate! I like to try and read at least 1 hour or 30 minutes before bed. Reading in my bed is a great way for me to fall asleep, especially after a long day! 

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
At the moment, stand alone books! I'm the kind of person who has to have 1) same format for all books (paperback, hardcover, etc) and 2) a complete series! So I am quickly running out of room on my shelves and my bedroom! 

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
How about I give books, which should tell you! 
Jane Austen!!!!
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
Organized?! You would think for a perfectionist that my shelves would be nice and neat and organized but NO. Where ever a book will fit, that is where it will be placed! VERY sad, I know but I just have WAAAAY to many books to actually find a place...when room is scarce!

Well, I hope you had fun reading these answers! 
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS