Saturday, December 01, 2012

Book Haul (76) & Stacking the Shelves (6)

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews!

Book Haul:
If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Gifted; thanks sis; I'm pretty sure this is part of my early Christmas present for YallFest!)
Where She Went by Gayle Forman (Gifted by sister; ditto above)
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn (Gifted by sister; ditto above)
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green (Gifted by sister: ditto above)
The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver (For Review; thanks Harper)
The Farm by Emily McKay (For Review; Thanks Berkley) 

Week In Review:
Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated 2013 books
Review: Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler 
"Waiting On": Just One Day by Gayle Forman 

In My World:
  • 2012 is coming to a close and I've got 24 (as of Nov. 27) books to read before December 31 midnight to get to my goal of 100 books! I knew it was going to come to this but I WILL read all 24 books! 
  • College apps are done but now the worry begins.
  • Took SAT's yesterday and I will not say how they went. We're going to wait and see. 
  • Didn't read much this week. Last minute cramming and worrying and making sure all things college have been turned in. 
  • Made it into National Honors Society third year in a row (freshman do not get invited). 
In My Book World:
Read
 
I actually read some books! 
Easy: *read last week, before break* I couldn't see what all of the hype was about. Not liking this "New Adult" category. 
Where It Began:*read last week, before break* I felt like I trudged through this book. The last few chapters were redeeming but overall, not for me. 
Half Blood:*read during Thanksgiving break* Way to be like Vampire Academy with a twist is all I have to say. While I enjoyed it a little, it wasn't anything special or mind-blowing. 
Cracked Up To Be:*read during Thanksgiving break*A great debut by Courtney Summers and while this is a rather old book, I decided to give it a go. The main character is not likable and the last few chapters were messy but overall, enjoyable!  I'll be reading her other two contemporaries this week! 
Losing It:*read during Thanksgiving break* While Bliss Edwards (Really?) is supposed to be 22, she sounded like she was younger than 16. Did not enjoy this book. 
Vessel:*read during Thanksgiving break*I loved this book just as much as everyone said I would. I was surprised at the twist in the romance (just like everyone else) but overall, a great book!
Song of Solomon: For English class. Had lots of symbolism and allusions and basically a very AP English-type book!
Currently Reading: 
Saving June: Have only gotten a few pages into the book but it's really good!
Some Girls Are: Haven't gotten that far in this book either! 

What books did you get this week?
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS