Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It by Cora Carmack
Release Date: October 15, 2012 
Publisher: ?
Source: Friend 
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
Review: 
This is going to be a short-to-the-point-review. Honestly, I was so excited for Losing It. Read the summary again and tell me that that doesn’t interest you. Think of how awkward that would be! And in all honestly, Losing It has to be one of the only books I regret reading.

There isn’t much I can say about Bliss Edwards but that simple fact that I hated her. She was annoying and naive and I often wondered if she was a teenager or an adult. She’s supposed to be 22 but often spoke like she was younger than 16. Or maybe I just don’t know enough people? I don’t know but her lack of maturity really bugged me. For example, she didn’t say “vagina” very much like the girl in Fifty Shades of Gray (no, I don’t remember her name and no, I don’t feel like looking it up) and this girl is 22. She also didn’t have much of a character. I didn’t know her and frankly, I didn’t want to know her. Garrick was just the same. Was he supposed to be an adult? I understand that he was supposed to be very sexy, very British but he came off as a college-frat-boy type of guy and not what so ever.

The plot was non-existent and I’m not sure what happened I was bored so much. I love good characters and I can overlook a plot but since I hated Bliss and Garrick, I wasn’t even worried about the plot line. It had something to do with a play and love and lust and oh, a friend zoned guy of course.

Overall, just a bad book. I have no idea how the publishers picked it up or if they’re going to change anything about it but I really don’t care.
Rating:
1/5
Cover Comments: 
Wait. How old is Garrick supposed to be? I mean, the guy in the cover looks like he's a teenager. And the girl too. It's just a bad, bad cover. 
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS