Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Social Experiment

I honesty hope that it's not a surprise that I love TV. I watch all sorts of shows: the good, the bad, the ugly. I like to see the newest shows to see what all the hype is all about. Lately, a lot of shows have been about the younger demographic. Much like Sex and the City, these shows show the younger Americans going through daily ups and downs and trying to live their lives in this crazy world. 

So I decided that I would watch these new shows and share my thoughts on them. They won't be episode recaps but rather a brief synopsis with lots of spoilers (there had to be a way for me to talk about what happens in the show.) Here are the four shows I have so far: 
underemployed mtv
This is an MTV scripted show and after the amazingness that is Awkward, I decided I'd give it a go. They are a group of college graduates who realize that the world isn't as amazing as it seems and being a grown up can be hard. 
girls hbo
I've seen a few episodes and I didn't like it. (4 *white* girls in New York City and no diversity what so ever. Also, if she's supposed to have been cut off by her parents, why did she still get money from them?) But it seems to be very, very popular so I think I will watch all of season 1 to see if it gets any better. 
carrie diaries CW Annasophia Rob
A CW show and I'm not so sure about this one. Hopefully it will be better than the book (that I never finished). I LOVE Sex and the City and Carrie so I'm looking forward to seeing how this story progresses. 
So I watched Awkward in about two days since all of the episodes for season 1 and 2 are on MTV's site. It's actually a very funny, quirky show that deals with teen life. Obviously, there are issues with it but it's not all that bad. 

My main goal to is to see what kind of shows are out there for this-and I can't think of a better word-demographic. It is a social experiment: these are the types of shows my friends watch (no, I will NOT watch Jersey Shore or Dance Mom or Teen Mom) and I want to see why they are so popular! 

And so far, that is it! But I'm really excited about this "experiment" and I can't wait to see how 2013 turns out! 

What do you think about this idea? 
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS