Sunday, March 10, 2013

Adult Review: How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #1) by Molly Harper

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #1) by Molly Harper
Release Date: February 22, 2011
Publisher: Pocket Books
Source: Bought 
Northern Exposure Even in Grundy, Alaska, it’s unusual to find a naked guy with a bear trap clamped to his ankle on your porch. But when said guy turns into a wolf, recent southern transplant Mo Wenstein has no difficulty identifying the problem. Her surly neighbor Cooper Graham—who has been openly critical of Mo’s ability to adapt to life in Alaska—has trouble of his own. Werewolf trouble.

For Cooper, an Alpha in self-imposed exile from his dysfunctional pack, it’s love at first sniff when it comes to Mo. But Cooper has an even more pressing concern on his mind. Several people around Grundy have been the victims of wolf attacks, and since Cooper has no memory of what he gets up to while in werewolf form, he’s worried that he might be the violent canine in question.

If a wolf cries wolf, it makes sense to listen, yet Mo is convinced that Cooper is not the culprit. Except if he’s not responsible, then who is? And when a werewolf falls head over haunches in love with you, what are you supposed to do anyway? The rules of dating just got a whole lot more complicated. . . .
Review: 
I honestly don't remember getting this book. I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Ivy Book Bindings, one day and I came across her 4.5 star review for this book! Now Keertana does not give such a high rating to any book, especially an adult paranormal romance so I knew I just had to read this book for myself! How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf was just as much fun as the cover and Keertana's review alluded to and Molly Harper is an author I can't wait to read more from! 

I absolutely loved Mo, who at almost 30, decided to change her life by leaving her Mississippi home and move to Alaska. While she's 29 and I'm only 18, I felt for her and even understood her frustration! Sometimes I feel like leaving everything and moving far away too. But to make then worse, Mo's parents are very hippie like and unconventional and very much involved in their daughter's life (which is unwelcome of course). Like I said, I felt for Mo. She's stubborn and weird and hilarious but she's such a down to earth person. She simply wants to fit in and at her age, she wonders if it's too late to really figure out where you belong. I loved her voice and had Molly Harper told the story in any other point of view, I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it as much!

Cooper, Cooper, Cooper. I loved Cooper from the very beginning. And because Keertana mentioned that he reminded her of Mr. Darcy, he reminded me of Mr. Darcy. He was just as aloof and weird and awkward as Mr. Darcy and than some! But I loved that even though he came off as a jerk at first, he never didn't anything that would make him a jerk. He ignored Mo and would often push her buttons and this showed me that he liked her a lot, even from the beginning. Of course, once Mo finds out about his secret, Cooper changes to become a stubborn, awkward, sexy guy that I felt was perfect for Mo. Their banter was funny and sweet and both characters grew and changed with each other. 

The mystery was pretty interesting but sadly, I guessed who the real culprit was. How, I honestly do not know but in the end, I wasn't as surprised as I could have been. I did like that the mystery did feel like a mystery and a big part of the plot. Obviously, the romance was important (after all, it is a romance novel) but the mystery wasn't pushed on the back burner. Yet another great aspect about the mystery dealt with every change it was a catalyst for: for example, Mo and Cooper's relationship was tested and their love was made stronger (in my opinion), Cooper's strained relationship with his family (especially his sister), and Cooper's role as the Alpha of the pack. 

Overall, I loved How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf and I've already got three other Molly Harper books! I think it was a great introduction to adult books for me and I can't wait to read! Just as funny, heartwarming, and sexy as expected, How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf was a great read!  
Rating:
4/5
Cover Comments: 
First thoughts: Aw, it's so cute and flirty looking! 
Comments: Honestly, I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did! It was funnier than I had expected and I enjoyed it a lot!
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS