Sunday, March 31, 2013

Things Spring Cleaning has Taught Me

This morning, I decided that I would clean out all of the junk from under my bed. While it didn't take as long as I had thought it would, I found a few things under my bed that I thought was interesting. I learned a few things about myself:

I am very sentimental:

While this might sound weird, I found so many drawings and various cards and posters under my bed given to me by friends. But seriously, I've kept posters of *ahem* boys I used to be obsessed with in middle school.

I really liked the Jonas Brothers: 

Um. Yeah. See above. I have....2 posters and 1 hand drawn picture by a friend. Needless to say, I am SO over them.

I was obsessed with Daniel Rdacliffe:

Yep. I have 2 posters of him and a picture of him that says "Happy Birthday-Daniel Radcliffe" given to me by my friend. Again, I am very sentimental.

I wrote a song about walking down a path with a friend: 

A hand made map of the fantasy world I created. 
It is titled "Down a Path" and the first stanza is: I'm walk'n down a path from tee ta tree. I see the birds fly'n I know that I'm try'n to be the best that I can be. Flowers are bloom'n I know that I'm mov'n on----yeah. Somethi'n goi'n on in my head. What the hell were we thinking?! Like seriously, that is what we wrote.

I was very weird. 

Oh man. I was weird

I am still very weird.

I'm still weird.

I like maps for fantasy novels: 

Still true today! But seriously, I was in LOVE.  I made a map of the "kingdom" for my story and broke it down into it's own countries. If that wasn't enough, I broke down the countries and made maps for them! Cities and towns were named and I even had legends for each (open circles for cities, dots for towns, blue lines for rivers, green arrows for mountains, etc.)

My main characters tended to be my age: 

When I was ten, my main characters were ten. The map you see above was for a book where my main characters were 13, three years older then my actual age. Plus, at ten, 13 was the coolest because you were officially a teenager.

I wrote down EVERYTHING:

Wow. I looked through a 2 inch binder and 3 FOLDERS to see that I wrote down everything I could about a character. And did I have a lot of characters. I had titles and synopsis for each and every book. I even had series titles and titles of the books in the series. I could probably tell you the eye color and height of 5 of my main characters from various books. I wrote historical fiction and fantasy and paranormal and contemporary (wow, SO MUCH contemporary!)

I miss my friends:

Man, I miss my friends in Atlanta. I moved away after 7th grade and I was so sad about it. Going through all of these things given to me by various friends, I became very emotional. Turns out, even if it was almost 6 years ago, the move hurt me a lot. It's not that I don't have friends here, because I have many friends and I won't trade them for anything. I think it was realizing that they knew this weird Kailia I had remembered after so long. In a way, I didn't want to remember the old days because it always reminded me of the fact that I left.

So, tell me guys: have you ever discovered anything about yourself after (or during) Spring cleaning? 

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS