Friday, April 05, 2013

Bookish Thoughts: Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty

jessica darling series
Source
I haven't done one of these in so long so let's get right to it.

I have a confession to make: I didn't read the Jessica Darling books because EVERYONE LOVED these books and after all of those hyped up books that I pretty much could not stand, I didn't want these to be that way. Oh man, did I want to love these books. Jessica Darling sounded like a girl after my own heart and I LOVE books written in journal format.

But after Keertana kept raving about these books, giving Sloppy Firsts a 5 star review and Second Helpings a 4 star, I knew I HAD to read these books. Steph Su and Sarah also loved these books so I thought: why not?

I got them all (yes, all 5 at the same time. I wasn't expecting all of them to arrive on time) from the library and yesterday, instead of reading A Tale of Two Cities, I began Sloppy Firsts. Big mistake.

I finished Sloppy Firsts tonight only because I forced myself to go to bed and have breakfast this morning and take a shower and basically get on with my day. I even attempted to read A Tale of Two Cities as Sloppy Firsts mocked me.

Jessica Darling and I are SO alike. Really. Though I'm not nearly as smart as she is and sadly, I don't have a Marcus Flutie (like really, who could beat Marcus? He's now on the same page as Darcy. Only a little more realistic because Darcy is DARCY) but she's snarky and a little dramatic and funny and sarcastic and has a dry sense of humor (at least, that's what I think.) If you know me in real life, I'm exactly like that.

I also love how much she complains and then realizes that she's complaining and then she starts complaining about complaining way too much. That right there is ME.

Yeah, I knew this was going to be VERY rambling but really, I want to thank everyone who loved this book and told me I'd love it because I did!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS