Thursday, May 30, 2013

Armchair BEA: Blog Development + Genre Fiction

armchair BEA
Image from Nina of Nina Reads 
**I just saw today that this wasn't up! I'm not sure why it didn't but here it is now!**

Hello, everyone! Today's top is blog development and genre fiction!


Blog Devleopment

Have you branched out into your community? Do you partner with other bloggers? Have you gone "pro" or tried generating some income through your blog? If you're a long-term blogger, how has your online personality developed over the years?
I used to participate in a lot of memes early in my blogging time but I stopped participating in memes. I used to post In My Mailbox (later Stacking the Shelves), Top Ten Tuesday, and "Waiting On" Wednesday, and some of my own memes. I've been focusing on posting better content and "quality over quantity" has become my mantra.

I'm not partnered with any other blogger and I make no money through my blogs.I would LOVE to host an event with a fellow blogger and of course I work with publishers and authors when it comes to promoting books!

How has my online personality developed? Can I talk about how I have an online personality now? I've had my Twitter account for a few years now but I rarely went on. I didn't Tweet a post or anything. As I began to overcome my extreme shyness, I began tweeting more! I have a bigger presence on the internet now and as I've gotten older, my interest in getting to know more people has also increased. When I was younger, I liked sticking to just my friends in real life. 

Genre Fiction

This is the worst topic for me. Not because I don't have examples or anything but because I have TOO many. So lets just go with it!

 If you’re a reader of genre fiction, do you have a favourite author or series? And what keeps bringing you back for more fantasy/sci fi/horror etc? And if you don’t read one (or more) of these genres what is it that deters you from those sections of the bookstore? 


I live for Young Adult. Some of my favorite authors include (but are NOT limited to): J.K. As I said on my intro post, I'm also a big fan of Classics and I LOVE Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Alexandre Dumas and many, many more! I'm going to just call myself an eclectic reader honestly! 
Rowling, Sarah Dessen, Sarah Ockler, Melina Marchetta, John Green, and Megan McCafferty. I've also fallen in love with adult urban fantasy series such as the Kate Daniels books by Ilona Andrews and the Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs.

I honestly don't read a lot of sci-fi or horror though I will dabble in both in YA books. The thing with sci-fi is that more often than not, I'm never interested in the science aspect; I don't like science in books really. I think it's why I love fantasy as much as I do. I come back to my favorite authors or books because I've fallen in love with certain aspects of the book. Take Sarah Dessen. Her books are not only well written but I also love her amazing characterization. The setting in the majority of Dessen's books are memorable and I desperately want to visit Colby, NC (which doesn't actually exist).
And that's it for today!    
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS