Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 Sign Up & Goals+ Wrap Up


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I am joining Bout of Books Read-A-Thon! This was supposed to be posted yesterday BUT blogger hates me. So. Here it is!


Books I want to read:


So basically, I have 6 books I want to read in 7 days. Can I do it? I have no idea. Luckily, the read-a-thon goes through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Monday, May 13, 2013 

Pages read: 383 (308 in Magic Slays and 75 in Cinder) 
Books read: Monday was great! I began the read-a-thon reading at 8:30 AM and I finished one book (Magic Slays) but stopped reading my second book(Cinder)! Basically, all I did on Monday was read.
Currently Reading: Moon Called 
Challenges Completed: er. None.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pages read: 247 (Moon Called)
Books Finished: none
Currently Reading: Moon Called. Boo, math homework! Not only was I busy at school today but I wasn't able to get a lot of reading done at home either! I still have loads of homework to finish and it's 10:44 PM.
Challenges Completed:


For Sharon and Racquel's challenge, we had to take a book we'd read and re-name it based on the book itself or the cover. I'm going with Magic Bites, the first book in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It's one of my favorites but my title is long and kind of gives things away. Sorry but I couldn't help it! In Which Kate Meets Sexy Curran and the Series has Serious Sexy Times


 For Medusa's Library, we're supposed to either list a soundtrack for a book or a song that reminds us of a book! I am so cheating but I'm going to use Taylor Swift's 22 as the song for Fourth Comings, the 4th book in the Jessica Darling series! If you've read the books, don't you agree that "We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time/It's miserable and magical" describes the books perfectly?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 

Pages read: 160 (77 in Moon Called and 83 in Cinder)
Books read: Finished Moon Called! Started to re-read Cinder.
Currently Reading: Cinder and Blood Bound. I am loving Blood Bound but boy is Cinder not my type of book. I've heard Scarlet is amazing so I'd love to finish it so I can begin Scarlet!
Challenges Completed: none

Thursday, May 16, 2013
Pages read: 306 (211 in Moon Called and 95 in Cinder)
Books read: Moon Called and Cinder 
Currently Reading: Scarlet is my new addiction and I love it so much more than Cinder! I put Blood Bound aside
Challenges Completed: None

Friday, May 17, 2013
Pages read: 84 in Scarlet 
Books read: 0; I had a party to attend after school Friday so I wasn't able to read (it lasted well past 8:30!)
Currently Reading: Scarlet 
Challenges Completed: None

Saturday, May 18, 2013
Pages read: 96 in Scarlet 
Books read: None
Currently Reading: Scarlet 
Challenges Completed: None

Sunday, May 19, 2013
Pages read: 172
Books read: None
Currently Reading: Scarlet; I ended up having loads to do today so I couldn't finish Scarlet like I had hoped!
Challenges Completed: None

THE WRAP UP

# of Books Finished: 3 out of the 6: I promise you, all of my teachers came together and decided that they would assign a TON of work, class work, and projects this week. Yep. They really did. 
# of Pages Reads: 1,448: for me, that is a lot! I'm sure many have read more but for me, that's good enough! 
Will I Do This Again: Sadly, I won't be able to participate in Bout of Book 8.0 because it falls in during the first week of my freshman year of COLLEGE. So, I'll be busy to say the least! 
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS