Monday, October 27, 2014

NA Review: Boomerang (Boomerang #1) by Noelle August

Boomerang, Boomerang #1 by Noelle August
Release Date: July 8, 2014
Publisher: HarperAudio
Source: Bought
The first book in a sensational New Adult trilogy from Noelle August

Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They’re sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they’re now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?
Review: 
There's something about New Adult books that makes me..weary. I haven't really liked many of the NA books I've read. There's something about them that just doesn't work for me. I was hesitant to read Boomerang because there was nothing interesting sounding about it. But of course after all of the hype on Twitter and all the blogs I followed loved this book, I knew I just had to read it. So when it came on sale, I grabbed it and began reading. I needed up reading the book in about one day!

One of my absolute favorite aspects of this book was the sex positivity! Mia had sex and one night stands and talked about sex with her friends and...nothing. There was no shame or ridicule found within the pages of this book. People didn't call Mia a slut but rather ignored her sex life altogether. Like, it's normal for a girl to have sex and be in control of her body and her actions so that's always a win-win in my book!
Source 
But there's something about Boomerang that isn't anything new. You hasn't seen or heard of this kind of plot coming. I know there are some movies with this plot like (the ones coming to mind are Indian movies which I don't think any of you guys watch) but I can't help but think of some books too. So, no, the plot isn't all too original but it doesn't take much away from the book. I would, however, love to see a book where the two people don't fall in love (scandalous I know).

Overall, I enjoyed Boomerang a lot. While it's refreshing to see that there wasn't any angst and that both characters felt real and not cliched, the familiarity of the plot was a set back. I wish something...else had happened to add more of a WOAH factor but I was still satisfied with the end result. 
Recommendation:
I liked this book. I would have loved this this book but it's missing a few things. I would re-read this book if I wanted something good to read. I would recommend it to some people but with reservations. 

This book was funny and it let me happy and I want a Ethan and just all sorts of warm, fuzzy feelings. I might re-read it if I was in the mood but it's not too far away from being a one time read. I think people should read this book for sure because it's great for a slow day when you need something light and fun. 
Cover Comments: 
What is up with this cover?! Why the crotch shots? I just don't understand why anyone thought it would be okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS