Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Review: The Gray Wolf Throne, Seven Realms #3 by Cinda Williams Chima

The Gray Wolf Throne, Seven Realms #3 by Cinda Williams Chima 
Release Date:  August 30, 2011
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Source: Library  
Han Alister thought he had already lost everyone he loved. But when he finds his friend Rebecca Morley near death in the Spirit Mountains, Han knows that nothing matters more than saving her. The costs of his efforts are steep, but nothing can prepare him for what he soon discovers: the beautiful, mysterious girl he knew as Rebecca is none other than Raisa ana’Marianna, heir to the Queendom of the Fells. Han is hurt and betrayed. He knows he has no future with a blueblood. And, as far as he’s concerned, the princess’s family as good as killed his own mother and sister. But if Han is to fulfill his end of an old bargain, he must do everything in his power to see Raisa crowned queen.

Meanwhile, some people will stop at nothing to prevent Raisa from ascending. With each attempt on her life, she wonders how long it will be before her enemies succeed. Her heart tells her that the thief-turned-wizard Han Alister can be trusted. She wants to believe it—he’s saved her life more than once. But with danger coming at her from every direction, Raisa can only rely on her wits and her iron-hard will to survive—and even that might not be enough.

The Gray Wolf Throne is an epic tale of fierce loyalty, unbearable sacrifice, and the heartless hand of fate.
Review: 
When I began this book, I decided that I would take my time reading the pages as I would only have one more book in the world after I finished The Gray Wolf Throne. But that, my dear friends, was not the case as I was sucked in once again to the world created by Cinda Williams Chima.  I began and ended this book in less than two days. Two days, might I tell you, where I didn't really know what to do with myself.

There's something about the characterization of both Han Alister and Raisa ana'Marianna that baffles me: I don't know how Chima does it but they seem so real. Yeah, sure, you could argue that they're not real and I would tell you that "YES OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT REAL. I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE HECK NOT?!" Han and Raisa are so different yet so alike and I had so many moments of swoon and OH MY GOSH JUST KISS. They've both been through so much and all I wanted was for them to have some peace of mind. Of course Cinda Williams Chima wasn't having any of that. Even though Han and Raisa continued to be strong people, cracks began to show and in sudden bursts, you realize not only how young they are but how human they are too.
How I was feeling throughout this book
I can't say anything about the plot without giving it away but it all worked so well that I began the fourth (AND FINAL BOOK IN THE SERIES WHAT?!) as soon I turned the last page of this book because I had to know WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. But this series has everything and anything (except dragons, sadly) you could want from not only a fantasy but from any book. The twists and turns and surprises and supporting characters and just everything.

Recommendation:
LYLAS
I love this book like it was family. I know, in case of a fire, I'd save this book. It’s amazing, stunning, and mind blowing. I would re-read this book lots and lots of times. It might even be a favorite. I would recommend this book to EVERYONE, EVER.

This book was so good that I don't have words to describe it. A roller coaster ride with plenty of surprises, The Gray Wolf Throne was everything I could have hoped for and then some. The book set up the final book in the series perfectly! 
Cover Comments: 
I LOVE these covers. They match the books so well and I love how they all match but are different each time. Basically, wonderful, wonderful covers! 

**Gif 1: Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS