Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DNF Review: The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

           The Shape of My Heart (2B Trilogy #3) by Ann Aguirre  
Release Date: November 25, 2014 
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: NetGalley via Publisher 
Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore.

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves.

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete.
This is the THIRD book in this trilogy. See my review of BOOK 1 and BOOK 2

If you've read my reviews of the two previous books in this trilogy, you'd know that I'm not the biggest fans of these books. There's something really boring about them for me. So why did I read this one then? Well, I wanted to give this trilogy one more try and to finish with the trilogy. When given the chance, I like reading all of the books in a trilogy, series, etc. To get right to the point? I didn't finish this book. While the other two kept me engaged enough to keep reading them to the finish, The Shape of My Heart was simply...boring. I was so uninterested in everything that was going on that I found myself skimming the pages. I think I got about 25% before I decided to move on.

As I said, the plot itself was boring and there was no sexytimes at all. But for me, characters make or break it for me. If I love the character then the plot isn't as important. I wouldn't care what happens to them because I would be invested enough to keep reading. With this, Max and Courtney were both bland and boring ("boring" seems to be the word for this review...). Courtney was introduced in the first book of the trilogy but she was mainly nonexistent from the entirety of both books so The Shape of My Heart was the real introduction to her. And frankly, she's the stereotypical bad girl. What's really badass about having tattoos? Maybe it's just me but I didn't get it. Max, too, was boring. He didn't do anything and whenever it was a scene that was intended I'm assuming to be heart wrenching, I was waiting for something...anything...to happen.

In the end, I didn't even get half way with this book before I gave it up. I was far to bored to care about the characters or the plot or anything. I'm not sure if I'll read another NA book by this author. After this third one, I think I'll stick to her YA books instead.

Foe 
All I gave you was goodbye I don’t think about this book. I don't want to recommend it to anyone. I might have even hated this book. I would not even think to recommend it to anyone! 

Sorry guys but I just couldn't do this book at all! 
I like that these covers go together at least! Is that enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS