Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Review: Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

           Devil in Winterby Lisa Kleypas
Series: Wallflowers #3
Release Date: October 13, 2009
Publisher: Avon 
Source: Library
A Devil's Bargain

Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vincent with a most outrageous proposition: marriage!

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden's good name. Still, this bewitching chit appeared, unchaperoned, on his doorstep to offer her hand. Certainly an aristocrat with a fine eye for beauty could do far worse.

But Evie's proposal comes with a condition: no lovemaking after their wedding night. She will never become just another of the dashing libertine's callously discarded broken hearts--which means Sebastian will simply have to work harder at his seductions...or perhaps surrender his own heart for the very first time in the name of true love.
So when I found out that Evie and Sebastian were going to be the main focus of the 3rd book in the Wallflowers, I wasn't sure how I was going to like it. Of the four women, Evie was the hardest one to get to know. Her shy nature made it hard to truly understand who she was as a character but I was still excited to see her story. And St. Vincent, y'all, was not a good guy in the last book so why Lisa Kleypas made him the love interest in this one blows my mind. However, there was nothing for me to fear because I loved Devil in Winter just as much as I loved the other books in the series thus far.


Evangeline, or Evie, became one of my favorites by the end of the first few pages. Even though I thought she was so shy--too shy to really do much--the moment she took her life into her own hands blew my mind. Y'all, Evie going to Sebastian and giving him a marriage proposition was one of my favorite schemes of this series. I loved how Evie wanted to change the course of her life and seeing her open up to Sebastian was so much fun. It's also obvious that the other Wallflowers have had a great--positive--impact on Evie. It goes to show just how much having friends around us to support us is so important.

Okay, Sebastian is not my favorite love interest in this series but I did enjoy reading more about him. There's so much to our hero in this book than he's ever willing to show. Even though he was a grade A ass in the last book, Sebastian didn't have any true interest in hurting anyone. The way Evie didn't care about his advances and how the sexual tension between the two came to a head was way too much fun. As shy as Evie is, Sebastian is just as bold and the mix of their personalities made for one hell of a romance book.

Overall, Devil in Winter wasn't my favorite of the Wallflowers but I still enjoyed it just the same. This series is becoming one of my all time favorites and I think I'll be coming back for more. The way Evie and Sebastian begin to shed their guard around each other allowed for lots of sexual tension and their chemistry was evident.

BFF 
This book is pretty great but it’s missing something that would make it extremely special. I might re-read this book, possibly more than once. I would recommend this book to lots of my friends. 

Y'all if you haven't started this series, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Y'ALL THE BLUE. THE BLUE. THE BLUE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS