Friday, January 08, 2016

Review: Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

           Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
Series: Wallflowers #4
Release Date: January 1, 2006
Publisher: Avon 
Source: Library 
After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses—the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone... anyone... other than Matthew. But she doesn't count on Matthew's unexpected charm... or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she has always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.

But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered... one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.
Oh Daisy, what do I do with you?! Even though Lillian and I are far more similar, I loved Daisy as well. She's just as fun and carrying as all the other Wallflowers but for her, it's hard to find her footing  with an older sister as vocal as Lillian. And unlike the three women before her, Daisy has yet to find a man among the English elite so her father gives her an ultimatum: if she can't find a husband, her father will find one for her. And he choose Matthew Swift, his protégé and the last man Daisy would EVER think to marry.

Y'all, I LOVE hate-to-love stories and they're even better when the two love interests have a history. PLUS it's even better when the history isn't all sunshine and daisies (see what I did there?). So basically, I like banter and sexual tension and in a time where arranged marriages often occur, it's even better. After watching Annabelle, Lillian and Evie fall in love, Daisy wants the same thing. Daisy is pretty and sweet and lovable so why can't a man fall in love with her too? Sure she likes to read books and daydreams more than she should but that shouldn't mean she can't fall in love. Matthew Swift is NOT the man for her. He's so much like her father for him to be someone capable of truly loving someone.

But low and behold, Matthew Swift is kind and funny and cares for Daisy. He's not cold or unfeeling and Daisy isn't sure how to handle this new man. Something about him draws Daisy in. I was so ready for Daisy and Matthew to become friends and fall in love but something even better happens: even though their hate does durn into love, we find out that Matthew has been in love with Daisy for a long time. The feelings he's harbored for her leads him to want the best for Daisy which doesn't include him (he's not good enough for her) and I loved every single bit of this book. I LOVED that the focus on this book is about Matthew and Daisy, their friendship and their growing love for each other and less about the drama.

Overall, I loved this book so much. There were so many aspects of this book I loved and it makes me want to have a hate-to-love relationship with someone I have a history with. Daisy's such a sweet character that when Matthew ruffles her feathers and gets her riled up, she's such a spunky character. It's definitely a great story for the last Wallflower and one worth reading.


LYLAS 
I love this book like it was family. I know, in case of a fire, I'd save this book. It’s amazing, stunning, and mind blowing. I would re-read this book lots and lots of times. It might even be a favorite. I would recommend this book to EVERYONE, EVER.

I'll be re-reading this one for sure. I love Daisy so much and I can see so much of myself in her. PLUS, PLUS, PLUS it's a hate-to-love relationship where the two people have lots of history.

Y'all this cover is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so in love with the covers for this series. Even though they're very much like other adult romance covers, there's something so beautiful about these covers. And that dress is gorgeous as hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS