Sunday, February 21, 2016

Love-a-Thon: Welcome!

Hosted by the fabulous Alexa of Alexa Love's Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Hazel of Stay Bookish and Mel of The Daily Prophecy!  

Hey all! It's so good to be back to blogging after such a while away! I've been wondering how to come back and the Love-a-Thon seemed liked the best time. For this first post, which is late as I was in an all day conference yesterday and I wasn't feeling well enough to post anything, I'm giving you guys a questionnaire!
  1. What’s your name? Kailia Sage! It's not my real name but it's a little too late to change everything to my real name. I chose this because I was 14 when I began blogging and I wanted to be safe. 
  2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Southern region of the United States. 
  3. How did you get into blogging in the first place? I had just moved from Atlanta to a small town in the 8th grade and it was hard for me to fit in at once. Reading had always been my escape and I found blogging when I looked for a review for a book I wanted to read. 
  4. How did you come up with your blog name? It was actually Reading the Best of the Best but I realized soon enough that it was a terrible name. So I changed it to Life According to a Bibliophile! 
  5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? When I began blogging, I read mostly Young Adult and Middle Grade. Since the beginning, my reading tastes have changed. I now read and blog about mostly Young Adult and Adult books. I'm trying to get into New Adult books but I haven't found myself liking it that much. 
  6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Discussions posts of all kinds. I'm trying to get more personal with my posts and have more discussion posts about the ideas/values I believe in. I've gotten more into voicing my opinions about #WeNeedDiverseBooks and #OwnVoices so I'm hoping for more. 
  7. Best blogging experience so far? I can't really pick one but I think when I attended YallFest a few years ago and met Stephanie Perkins. We'd talked on Twitter a good bit and she recognized my name and that was a big deal for me. 
  8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? I love how kind and accepting this community can be. No matter how negative the community can be, it is still a place where I can come and talk about anything I want to. 
  9. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner is one of my all time favorite series but not enough people are talking about it! 
  10. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Grace Ivers from The Mistake by Elle Kennedy! I just read this book and I couldn't help but see myself in her. I think she and I would be really good friends in real life. 
  11. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Um, any of the men from the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy. Or any of the men from the Wallflowers by Lisa Kleypas. Or Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road. So, yes, I have many book boyfriends. 
  12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I love to write and I want to be a published author one day. I also love to cook all kinds of cuisine. Plus, I'm a big nerd of TV and movies and musics and I like listening/watching in other languages other than English (which is my second language). 
  13. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. Any of the Wallflowers books or the Castles Ever After books. I'm a big fan of romance and historical fiction so it's a great mix for me. 
  14. What would your dream library look like? Belle's library in Beauty and the Beast of course! 
  15. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? J.K. Rowling is the obvious choice but other than that, I'd love to meet Tamora Pierce! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS