Saturday, September 03, 2016

Five Reasons I'm Excited for Stalking Jack the Ripper

Hi all! I'm very excited to share my top five reasons for wanting to read Stalking Jack the Ripper. I'm on the street team and we're doing a blog tour to help get everyone as excited for this book as we all are! With out any further adieu here are the top five reasons I'm excited to read Stalking Jack the Ripper!


Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper #1
Release Date: September 20, 2016
Publisher: James Patterson Press 
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

One: I love reading stories about Jack the Ripper. 

This sounds awful but once I went down the Wikipedia search whole and I ran across something about Jack the Ripper. I spent more hours than I want to admit reading all about this serial murderer. 

Two: It's set England in the 1800s.

I mean, you all should know of my love of historical romances and it's a time period I've fall in love with. Plus, I think having read as many historical romances as I have, I understand that aristocracy very well ;)

Three: It's a book about solving a murder case. 

I love forensic sciences shows--CSI anyone? I've watched most episodes of every type they have aired--and I love anything to do with solving murder so of course I wanna give them one a go. 

Four: I'm here for the main character do become her own person and do her thing. 

Y'all I LOVE a story where the MC goes against the wishes of those around her to follow her heart. Sure I think getting involved in murder cases might not be the best idea but I'm still here for it.

Five: The romance to come. 

Okay, so I'm mostly here for #4 from above but I love me a romance. And I want to say there's going to be some sort of romance and I hope that there's banter and witty remarks and they might not get along at first. (Can you tell I like certain tropes?)

About Kerri
Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where her fascination with gothic settings began. In her spare time she reads everything she can get her hands on, cooks all kinds of food with her family and friends, and drinks entirely too much tea while discussing life’s finer points with her cats. Stalking Jack the Ripper is her debut novel. It incorporates her love of forensic science and unsolved history, and is the first in a new series of gothic thrillers.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Website | Tumblr | Pinterest

What about you all? Why do you want to read Stalking Jack the Ripper? Are any of my reasons your reasons as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS